Becoming Front End Developer in 2020
Becoming Front End Developer is not as easy as it was in the early ’20s. In 2020, you can’t say “I know HTML and CSS so I am a front end developer”. You have to learn a lot to become a front end developer.
Nothing is easy in the world, but if you are consistent on what you are doing then the path to success is always yours.
Beginner – Front end developer
HTML is a semantic markup language used to structure the web documents. You should know how to create a HTML document in a proper way.
In 2020, you have tons of features to learn in HTML5, you should learn to play a video/audio on a web page using HTML5.
Things you need to know in HTML:
- Learn to structure the document in a proper way so that it can be designed using CSS.
- Learn to properly use tags like header, nav, main, section, footer, aside, p, strong etc.
- Learn to create tables. also you should create nested tables.
- Learn to show image using img tag and create a video and audio player.
- Learn to use canvas and SVG in your document.
CSS is called Cascading Style Sheet which is used to style the HTML document. In other words, it’s used to design web pages.
In 2019, you have to learn flexbox, grid, transitions, animations with keyframes, animations with svg.
Things you need to know in CSS:
- Learn selectors like element, class, ID, sibling, child, etc.
- Learn basic properties like font-size, background, color, height, width etc.
- Learn Flexbox for one dimensional layout.
- Learn Grid for two dimensional layout.
- Learn Position: relative, absolute, fixed etc.
- Learn to use pseudo selectors like :after, :before, :first-child, :last-child etc.
- Learn media quires for responsive design.
- Learn animations using keyframes.
- Learn basic methods like toString, forEach, map, filter, etc.
- Learn to play with JSON, Object and array.
- Learn ES6 classes, arrow functions, callbacks, promises and async await.
- Learn DOM (Document Object Model) manipulation and BOM (Browser Object Model).
- Learn to play with canvas, svg, video, audio etc.
Intermediate – Front end developer
Things you need to know in Angular:
- You should learn TypeScript, which is the official language for Angular.
- Learn modules and components based architecture in Angular.
- Learn interpolation and property binding.
- Learn Angular modules, directives, components, services and pipes.
- Learn how to share data between the components using @Input(), @Output() and Services
- Learn angular routing.
- Learn to make http calls using HttpClientModule.
- Learn to create template driven forms, reactive forms and dynamic forms and also make use of built-in validators or create custom validators.
- Learn state management throughout the application using Redux, ngrx
Things you need to know in React:
- Learn react components
- Learn JSX syntax for writing dynamic HTML.
- Learn ReactDom to render DOM.
- Learn React props to share data between components
- Learn React Router
3. Vue JS
- Learn Vue components
- Learn Vuex state management for Vue
- Learn declarative rendering
- Learn vue routing
- Learn interpolation, directives etc.
- Learn event handling.